What is the Named Patient Supply Program?
Named Patient Supplies (NPS) is a pharmaceutical procurement system that allows healthcare professionals and pharmaceutical agencies to supply prescription drugs on behalf of a patient’s name without pharmaceutical authorization.
Which products can be supplied under the Named Patient Program?
- The drug approved but not authorized for marketing yet
- The drugs are approved in the patient’s country but not authorized.
- The prescription drugs are not approved in the patient’s country but are approved and available in at least one country.
- The prescription drug is approved in the patient’s country but if it’s in shortage.
- The prescription drug was discontinued in the patient’s country but not another
Healthcare professionals can supply prescripted drugs from Sanera Pharmaceuticals on behalf of patients with associated drug importation permits and prescriptions.
Named Patient Program is often grouped as early access program, compassionate use, special access, and expanded access program. Those patient programs allow patients and doctors to supply prescripted medicines in case of emergency clinical needs while the prescripted drugs are still in the approval phase.